[rules-users] Facing Problem in BRL

Sumeet Karawal sumeet.karawal at tcs.com
Wed May 18 02:17:09 EDT 2011

This is the brl that I have created:

Regards,
Sumeet Karawal
Mailto: sumeet.karawal at tcs.com

  From:       "Abhay B. Chaware" <Abhay.Chaware at kpitcummins.com>

  To:         Rules Users List <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>

  Date:       05/18/2011 11:42 AM

  Subject:    Re: [rules-users] Facing Problem in BRL

  Sent by:    rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org

Could you post your rule content here ?

-----Original Message-----
From: rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org [
mailto:rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org] On Behalf Of Sumeet Karawal
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:38 AM
To: rules-users at lists.jboss.org
Subject: [rules-users] Facing Problem in BRL

Hi,

I am using Drools-Expert. I am having a class "Person" with data members as
age and discount.
I am trying to create a .brl. I have these statements in drools.package
package com.rules;

import com.model.PersonDetails;

and in the example.brl I am providing the details of when and then
conditions

but on execution I am getting the following error :

java.lang.RuntimeException: [4] Unable to expand: PersonDetails( age <
"20" )[6] Unable to expand: 		 		 PersonDetails fact0 = new
PersonDetails
();[7] Unable to expand: 		 		 fact0.setDiscount
( 10 );[8] Unable to
expand: 		 		 insert(fact0 );

It would be helpful is somebody guide me on how execute it.

Also, I am creating the knowledgebase as:

private static KnowledgeBase createKnowledgeBase() {
 KnowledgeBuilder builder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder();
    builder.add (ResourceFactory.newClassPathResource(
"com/rules/example.brl"),ResourceType.BRL);
    if (builder.hasErrors()) {
      throw new RuntimeException (builder.getErrors().toString ());
    }
    KnowledgeBase knowledgeBase = KnowledgeBaseFactory.newKnowledgeBase();
    knowledgeBase.addKnowledgePackages(builder.getKnowledgePackages ());
    return knowledgeBase;}

Thanks & Regards,
Sumeet Karawal
CEG - Open Source Technology Group