[rules-users] Drools and threads

Abhay B. Chaware Abhay.Chaware at kpitcummins.com
Thu May 19 02:06:27 EDT 2011

Little confused about the third question I had, about rules compilation. I now know that rules are to be compiled.  When I use Guvnor, I have to package the rules ( this is where they are compiled into binary format )  and download the package file and feed it into the production memory / knowledge base using changesets/agents.

But I have also seen examples of drools and also created a few ones where I build the eclipse project and package the entire app as webapp ( .war ) and the rules file is in the classes/lib directory as a .drl file. ( uncompiled ).  And it still works !   Does the drools runtime compile it at runtime ? and then uses it or what ?

Regards,

Abhay Chaware
Sr. Designer | KPIT Cummins Infosystems Ltd | Board: +91 020 6652 5000 | Extn: 2989  | abhay.chaware at kpitcummins.com |www.kpitcummins.com