[rules-users] Live Queries and Expired Events

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 06:29:33 EDT 2011

Oops, sorry, I clean overlooked the "live" in your post. Blind spot.

Sometimes, events aren't retracted because there's some rule that has an
"infinite" backward reach in time. Are the retracted and the remaining
events of the same type and flavour, e.g., by entry-point?

Old events disappearing after insertion after the service has been
interrupted might be due to the engine running with a real-time clock. Any
form of "playback" with inserted events being time-stamped back in the past
should run a virtual clock. If your events are time-stamped by some other
agent than the Engine itself, you can advance the virtual clock according
to these timestamps - the clock will then, eventually, catch up with the
clock of the time-stamping agent.

-W