[rules-users] Drools Planner - planning variable as list

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 05:18:52 EDT 2011

Op 03-11-11 08:35, sirius schreef:
> I'm new Drools Planner user, so sorry if my question proved to be trivial.
>
> Simplified problem definition:
>
> Facts:
> Workorder
> Technician
>
> Planning entity:
> WorkorderAssignement {
>     private List<Technician>  technicianList;
>     private Workorder workorder;
> }
>
> Workorder depends of his definiiton maybe assigned to variable number of
> technicians. So, some of them require only ONE technician, but other
> requires TWO technicians.
Just create a WorkOrderAssignment per workorder per required technician.

WorkorderAssignement {
    private Workorder workorder;
    private Technician technician; // technician is the planning variable, not the workorder
}

It's just like the nurserostering example. Workorder == shift and
technician == employee.
> Is there possible build optimized technician list in this case?

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet