[rules-users] Writing complicated rules - consecutive number problem

LCode j_whittlesea at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 11:16:08 EDT 2011

I am trying to write a rather complicated rule via the guided rule editor and
I wonder if it is indeed possible.

The following is a simplified explanation of my scenario:

A 'person' has a numerical property 'age'

In a hypothetical world the following is allowed because the ages of the
people are consecutive:

Person A age = 24

Person B age = 25

Person C age = 26	OK

Person D age = 27

However I would like to write a rule that fires if the ages are not
consecutive, something like this:

Person A age = 24

Person B age = 25

Person C age = 29	NOT OK

Person D age = 27

I am starting with 'From collect all people [p]'.

Any thoughts, comments or similar experiences much apprieciated as I am
pulling my hair out!
Jen