[rules-users] Audit log created with Drools 5.1 unreadable with Drools 5.3 Eclipse plugin?

abr alexis.brouard at haulogy.net
Tue Nov 8 07:59:30 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if the way to create the audit log (to follow rules
activation in Drools Eclipse plugin's Audit view) has changed from Drools
5.1 to Drools 5.3?

Here is the way I create my audit log since Drools 5.1:

KnowledgeRuntimeLogger logger = null;
if (DEBUG_MODE) logger =
KnowledgeRuntimeLoggerFactory.newFileLogger(ksession, LOGFILEPATH);
ksession.execute( Arrays.asList(facts) ); //ksession is a
StatelessKnowledgeSession and facts is an Object list
if (logger!=null) logger.close();

With Drools Eclipse plugin 5.1, the audit log is perfect!

I tried to switch to Drools Eclipse plugin 5.3 and I always got the message
"The audit log is empty"... But it is not and it corresponds to a valid
object stream.
I tried to execute the above code with Drools 5.3 instead of Drools 5.1 with
not better results...

Is that way of creating an audit log outdated?

Note: the documentation is not clear about that as 2 ways, including the one
above, are provided:
* "new" way (this is probably not really new but it is new to me ^^):
http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.3.0.Final/drools-expert-docs/html_single/index.html#d0e8131
* way above:
http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.3.0.Final/drools-expert-docs/html_single/index.html#d0e8350

Thanks in advance!