[rules-users] How to write Drools rule basing on a changed property?

kapokfly ivan.jiang.ww at foxmail.com
Wed Nov 9 03:57:23 EST 2011

Thanks, when I am saying person address is changed, our app only concerns
about its initial value and its final value, any change in the middle, we
don't care.

Examples:
   person.address.address1 starts with 'my addr1'

   later a couple of changes were made, say its final value is 'my addr1',
we treat it as no change and no middle rules should be fired.

Even for the 2 objects approach, how I can write the rules to get the old
and new object matched correctly?

They are both Person instances without any identity to tell which one is the
old which one is the new one, unless I enable some kinds of map/or list in
the rule and one structure to host only new objects and the other one hosts
only the old values?