[rules-users] Issues with Eclipse Excel Plugin for Drools Decision Tables

Vincent LEGENDRE vincent.legendre at eurodecision.com
Wed Nov 9 05:00:19 EST 2011

Don't use eclipse to edit Excel files. Use Excel. I've never managed to make this OLE editor works well (but it is a long long time I did not retry, although I don't think there is any major evolution of this editor since then) .
You can instruct Eclipse to use Excel to edit your .xls files (see configuration of File Types in Window>Preferences), or rigth-click + "open with system editor".
The only thing to remember is to refresh your project if the Excel file is in a source folder.

But the OLE Excel Eclipse editor is not a part of drools plugin (not sure your question should be here). You can find dozen of OLE editor for Eclipse on the net, if you really want to charge you with problems ...