[rules-users] A little suggestion about the 'ResourceFactory', 'DrlParser' API

Bruno Freudensprung bruno.freudensprung at temis.com
Thu Nov 10 10:00:35 EST 2011

Maybe there is something I don't understand, but I also have the
impression that encoding management is strange in Drools.

The "lexer = new DRLLexer( new ANTLRInputStream( is ) );" line indeed
leads to using the default encoding of the machine.

It is the same for the CSV parser (rule templates, Drools 5.1.1):

     public void parseFile(final InputStream inStream) {
         final BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(inStream));

It means that if I write my rule on a Windows machine (CP1252) and
deploy it on a Linux server (UTF-8), it will not work as expected.

Conditions like...:
     Person(firstname == "Béatrice")

... will become things like (CP1252 file "transported" onto a UTF-8
platform and read as UTF-8) :
     Person(firstname == "B¤atrice")

I wonder how you deal with that in Guvnor.

Best regards,

Bruno.