[rules-users] Functions not generated from decision tables with Drools 5.2

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 12:10:30 EST 2011

Hi Heinz,

I've stayed purposefully quiet on the dialect attribute, but you force my
hand ;)

I agree with Wolfgang that users are *likely* to set the attribute for the
whole Ruleset however it is a rule-level attribute at the DRL level and
hence should be supported as the same in other authoring metaphors; besides
you can guarantee if we implement it at the decision table level they'll be
users asking for it to be made available at the rule level to mirror DRL's
capabilities.

Furthermore, I am starting some new features that will allow "DRL snippets"
to be used in the web-based decision table that'll bring us closed to being
able to provide round-tripping between Excel and Guvnor for authoring
decision tables (i.e. import from Excel into the web-based one and export
from there to Excel). The web-based decision table has provided a row-level
dialect attribute since (AFAIK) it's inception and Excel based decision
tables must therefore support the same if we are to convert between the two.

Therefore, if you do add the "dialect" attribute could you do so at the row
level to ensure compatibility with the web-based equivalent.

With kind regards,

Mike