[rules-users] jbpm 3.2.x verssion .....

Sumeet Karawal sumeet.karawal at tcs.com
Mon Nov 14 09:53:25 EST 2011

Its ok Mauricio, I didn't find it harsh at all, thanks for the help. :)

Regards,
Sumeet

  From:       Mauricio Salatino <salaboy at gmail.com>

  To:         marco.rietveld at redhat.com, Rules Users List <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>

  Cc:         Sumeet Karawal <sumeet.karawal at tcs.com>

  Date:       11/14/2011 06:35 PM

  Subject:    Re: [rules-users] jbpm 3.2.x verssion .....

Sumeet, Marco,
Sorry I didn't want to be harsh with my response :)
Cheers

2011/11/14 Marco Rietveld <mrietvel at redhat.com>
  Summeet (and others),

  As mentioned, this is indeed a drools (user) mailing list.

  The proper mailing lists for jbpm (3, 4 or 5) are:

  jbpm-users at lists.jboss.org     (for these types of questions)
  jbpm-users at lists.jboss.org     (for developers and people who look at
  jbpm code/internals)

  Most of the jbpm core developers monitor both lists.

  Thanks,
  Marco

  11/14/2011 02:00 PM, Marco Rietveld:
        Hi Summeet,

        jbpm 3.2.x works with jBoss AS 5.1 -- and obviously also with
        Drools 5.3, since there's no overlap between those two versions of
        jbpm and drools.
        I'm not sure if Drools 5.3 works with jBoss AS 5.1, although I
        think it does.

        There is a difference between jbpm 3.2.8 and the supported version
        of jbpm 3.2. It's hard to quantify the difference exactly, but
        since late 2009 when 3.2.8 was released, a number of bugs have been
        fixed in the supported version.

        . Marco

        11/11/2011 10:39 AM, Sumeet Karawal:
              Thanks Thomas

              No, I am a little confused which version to use. I visited
              the site
              http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbpm/files/jBPM%203/. Here
              the maximum
              downloads are for v 3.2.2  and the latest among these is
              v3.2.8. It would
              be very helpful if you could suggest me which one to use
              among the versions
              3.2.x. As my requirement is to use jbpm v3.2.x with Drools
              and Jboss AS,
              and later on Mule ESB v3.1 will also be used. So I am
              thinking of
              installing jbpm among v3.2.x with Drools v5.3 Final and JBoss
              AS v 5.1.
              Will these components work together?

              Also, jbpm Enterprise Supports v3. So is there much
              difference between the
              enterprise version of jbpm v3 and the community versions of
              v3.2.x

              Thanks & Regards,
              Sumeet Karawal
              Mailto: sumeet.karawal at tcs.com