[rules-users] Preventing re-evaluation on modification of 'output' fact

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 08:42:32 EST 2011

What you wrote sounds fine.

Having a sort of "root" object where List fields contain Odds and Ends, and
some rules rely on Odds (but not Ends) being updated and others that don't
it's not a good approach to make root a pattern in each rule.

It's like information hiding: A rule working with Odds should not have
access to Ends.

A frequently given advice is: insert List elements as facts and reason with
them if they represent independent entities. If necessary, locate siblings
via a "parent" pointer.

-W