[rules-users] Operation of "otherwise" in Decision Table (Guided editor) of Guvnor

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 12:10:03 EST 2011

Sure.

It's a simple (partial) solution for having a rule match in the absence of
any other rules matching.

It only works for columns with literal values and either the "equals" or
"not equals" operator. In essence it builds a "in" or "not in" DRL
statement.

Section 4.10.1.4 Operation of "otherwise" in the Guvnor
user-guide<http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.3.0.Final/drools-guvnor-docs/html/ch04.html#d0e813>gives
an example.

With kind regards,

Mike