[rules-users] Exclude certain rules

icechunk icechunk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 16:55:18 EST 2011

I am trying to validate an incoming set of application forms. Each form has
a number of validations that apply. But there could be special cases where
certain rules need to be excluded. The exclusions are based on certain
conditions that will vary at runtime and will need to be stored in the
database (if from type x and user is y then exclude rule z).

Is there a graceful way of handling this? I am thinking of inserting a
Metadata fact into the session that has the rules that need to be excluded.
Rules will then check if they are to be excluded in LHS. Would this work?