[rules-users] Exclude certain rules

Davide Sottara dsotty at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 16:48:00 EST 2011

The problem of "excluding rules" is well known and tackled by the so-called
"defeasible logic".

I have plans to work on a drools implementation in the near future, but
unfortunately it is not currently supported.

However, Michael is right: the declarative agenda would be the basis for a
"low-level" implementation of defeaters. A student of mine and I created
some test cases a few months ago, showing how to create various types of
rules and meta-rules. Let me know if you are interested and want to discuss
this solution.

Cheers
Davide