[rules-users] Spring, KnowledgeAgent, and Guvnor

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Nov 28 17:38:23 EST 2011

We'll be working on deployment next year that is not tied to specific
versions of drools. The reason for this is that the Packge is really just a
cached form representing the DRL, to avoid compiling drls on the client. We
actually just serialise the resulting objects. But internally we do a lot
of changes as we add features, so binary compatability of these cached
objects is not easily and cheapily possible.

In the future we hope to produec a simpler intermediary format that will be
durable across different versions of drools. It will require the clients to
do a bit more work, as it won't be as cheap as serialisation. But we hope
that it'll be an acceptable trade off.

Mark