[rules-users] Planner 5.3.Final - "presumedScore is corrupted" when using "update" on the rules working memory

guyramirez guyramirez at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 29 19:11:49 EST 2011

I am looking into Planner for a schedule assignment business case.

I created a move factory, got the local search phase set up and quicly ran
into a "presumedScore is corrupted because it is not the realScore" error.
As a work around, I changed my Move::doMove(..) implementation to "retract"
then "insert" rather than "update" the new updated planning entity and the
issue went away.

Then I worked on setting a construction heuristic and I again ran into the
same error. By applying a local code patch to the
PlanningValueWalker::changeWorkingValue(..) method to also "retract" and
"insert" rather than "update" also fixed the issue.

I also tried to correctly implement the hashCode() and equals(..) methods on
my planning entity (as mentioned in Drools Expert documentation) as well as
use the default implementation of those methods (as in the nurse rostering
example) with the same unsuccessful results.

I must mention than I am able to run the nurse rostering example without any
issues.

Could someone maybe point me to the right direction on why "update" does not
work for me? I can provide detailed information if needed.

Thanks,
Guy