[rules-users] Dynamic Fact(field) Generation in Declarative Model

srinivasasanda srinivasasanda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 05:38:43 EST 2011

Hi Davidde,

Let me explain our requirements in the lines below.
We are developing our CRM Application using Liferay portals. This
application would be used by the end users of the Bank/Telecom companies. We
intend to provide configuration of rules by the end users using Drool's
Guvnor, but what we don't want them to do is adding of facts directly in
declarative model.
We would like to control this creation from Application Front end (developed
in Liferay). In the front end we would be providing options to add new facts
(AGE, Income, Occupation) and associate with Customer's Profile. The moment
we add this, the same should be available in Drools Guvnor for configuring
new rules.
Hence we are looking at some kind of API/Webservices using which we can
create the facts. We would not give either modify/delete operation from our
Application GUI.