[rules-users] rule limit

Ansgar Konermann ansgar.konermann at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 6 16:26:36 EDT 2011

Am 06.10.2011 18:48, schrieb slyfox:
> thanks for all of the responses, fun to read :)
>
> Sorry I thought it was pretty strait forward question.  I would assume
> somehow the parser 'knows' how many rules are in a drl file....
>
> I do not want an over ambitious user to just create rule after rule after
> rule (though I suppose he could technically do a lot even in one rule)
You probably can't prevent him from doing it first hand. But when it
comes to compiling/loading the rules, you can of course check the number
of rules and issue an error message if it exceeds your limit. See answer
by Davide Sottara for technical details.

However I'm still not convinced that this rather technical measure will
make your life easier in the long run. Still having the impression that
educating the user of your system to find a useful structure in their
rules will pay off more than just putting up "road closed" signs.

Best regards

Ansgar