[rules-users] NPE on fact insertion if rule has sliding window

mike9322 michael.melton.ctr at navy.mil
Fri Oct 7 15:55:47 EDT 2011

laune wrote:

> There's a bug in the incremental build as done by the KnowledgeAgent. If
> the
> KA configuration property drools.agent.newInstance is set to false, some
> type information is not put into the new KBase.

I added the following comment to the JIRA related to this issue
(https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-3145).  Cross-posting here in case
anyone else is having the issue and arrives here via Google like I did.

"I am seeing the same behavior with my KA newInstance = true. I was able to
workaround it by ensuring that my event POJOs are defined in the same
package as my rules.

In other words, this DOES NOT work:
Rule package: com.example.rules
POJO package: com.example.rules.model (import statements included in DRL)

This DOES work:
Rule package: com.example.rules
POJO package: com.example.rules (no import statements required)

I did not have to move my event declaration to my DRL; they are still POJOs.
I would prefer to have my POJOs in their own package but I can live with
this workaround for now."

Mike