[rules-users] Guvnor - Operations with snapshots

Esteban Aliverti esteban.aliverti at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 05:09:10 EDT 2011

Jervis, so you are trying to deprecate SNAPSHOTS in favor of Versions? I
don't think they address the same issue. With SNAPSHOTS you can put
different names to different "moments" of a package. More important,
SNAPSHOTS were created and updated on demand and not every time you update
the package, so you can update a SNAPSHOT definition adding or changing its
assets and you don't need to update your applications. They always read the
package using same SNAPSHOT name.
Using versions, I need to be careful in change my applications when I want
them to use some modifications I have in my package.
I mean, I also see package versioning as something good, but I'm not sure if
versions could replace SNAPSHOT. Are you planning to add some way to put a
name to a particular group of versioned assets?

Best Regards,

Esteban Aliverti
- Developer @ http://www.plugtree.com
- Blog @ http://ilesteban.wordpress.com