[rules-users] Guvnor - Operations with snapshots

Jervis Liu jliu at redhat.com
Sun Oct 9 22:35:36 EDT 2011

Esteban Aliverti wrote:
> To rebuild a SNAPSHOT: click in the package -> go to "edit" tab ->
> click on "Create Snapshot for deployment" -> Choose an existing
> snapshot from the radio-button list (you must have at least one
> previous snapshot) -> Click on "Create new snapshot"

This actually replaced the old snapshot with a newly created one under
the same name. The snapshot itself is read-only and immutable once it is
created, same as a historical version of package. I guess your use case
is a client wants to point to a stable version of a package, eg. so
called the last successful build so that the client is immune from the
any unstable changes on the latest version? Sth similar to this jira:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/GUVNOR-470. This jiar is still talking
about snapshot, though similar result can be achieved by tagging package
version with custom names. Eg, we can create a tag called
"LastSuccessfulBuild" and keep moving this tag and apply it to a
historical version of package either manually or automatically.

Cheers,
Jervis