[rules-users] StatefulKnowledgeSession construction executes sequentially (no multithread)

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 07:12:20 EDT 2011

The code you have posted just calls newStatefulKnowledgeSession, which does
lock and unlock. But this should not prevent the insertion of facts and the
firing of rules executing in parallel. It's pointless to execute
newStatefulKnowledgeSession a million times in a single thread and to do
nothing else, because this won't be a meaningful use case.

Don't run the million-times-loop. Just waste some cycles between session
creation and dispose and see how many of these you can have in parallel.

-W