[rules-users] [planner] Problem setting configuration file

Guilherme Kunigami kunigami.dev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 09:01:29 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to load a configuration file (namely SolverConf.xml) into
XmlSolver with the code below:

XmlSolverConfigurer configurer = new XmlSolverConfigurer();
configurer.configure(SOLVER_CONFIG);
Solver solver = configurer.buildSolver();

If I bundle SolverConf.xml file with the application .jar file, then using
SOLVER_CONFIG as /path/to/xml/file/SolverConf.xml works fine.

But I want to use SolverConf.xml outside the .jar, so I can easiliy edit it,
but I don't know what path should I pass to it.

I know it's a Java related question, but I was wondering if anyone had a
similar problem when configuring drools planner. (I've asked on
stackoverflow, but none of the answers worked for me:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7718807/can-getresourceasstream-find-files-outside-the-jar-file
)

(Supposing my .jar is in /some/path and the SolverConf.xml will be on
/some/path/conf for example)

Thanks,