[rules-users] 7x slower .DRL compilation after switching 5.1.1 to 5.2.0

Victor Cv citadela at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 03:20:36 EDT 2011

Hi,

while we used on Drools 5.1.1 our rules compiled in approx 1 min, after
switching to 5.2.0 the compilation time increased to approx 7 mins.
Our compilation is performed programmatically via KnowledgeBuilder by the
user application itself.
What we are possibly doing wrong?

Just to mention that after the switch our .DRL code that compiled
successfully under 5.1.1 needed much fixing, because it completely broke
under the 5.2.0 (more strict type casting, "||" became "or", access to
static Java methods and fields requires now explicit class imports instead
of the package imports as before, etc.).
I searched but didn't find any "migration guide". Is something like that
available?

Regards,

Victor