[rules-users] StatefulKnowledgeSession construction executes sequentially (no multithread)

Juan Carlos Fernández juancarlos.fernandez at safelayer.com
Thu Oct 13 11:31:53 EDT 2011

I solved the problem. I experienced some memory leak using
StatefulKnowledgeSession and immediately I discovered this
http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/rules-users-Memory-leak-in-5-2-5-3-td3280351.html
post . It's a bug in JBPM 5.1.0 in conjunction with drools 5.2. JBPM leaks
some memory when creating new StatefulKnowledgeSessions.

When memory reaches certain memory threshold, GC seems to execute trying to
free some memory and all we know part of GC is single-threaded.

Using Drools 5.2 you can avoid this problem if you do not use JBPM
integration (BPMN2 resources).

In order to test it in a proper scenario I put some code (cpu consuming)
between creation and dispose ( double a =
Math.sqrt(2828282)*Math.sqrt(2828282) with several bucles)

Thank you very much for your help,