[rules-users] Fusion appears to be working properly, but...

slyfox bobby.richards at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 18:23:41 EDT 2011

It seems like I have fusion working correctly, yet the rules are not firing.

I have a quote object

class Quote {
    private String symbol;
    private double bid;
    private double ask;

   //eclipse generated getters and setter
}

in my drl I have the following:
import path.to.quote;

declare entry-point "Incoming Quotes"
	@doc ("incoming quotes")
end

declare Quote
	@role (event)
	//@expires(2s)
end

rule "show something"
	when
		FXQuote(symbol == "EUR/USD", s:symbol) from entry-point "Incoming Quotes"
	then
		System.out.println("euro quote");
end

in my code I am inserting manually:
quoteStream = ksession.getWorkingMemoryEntryPoint("Incoming Quotes");
quoteStream.insert(quote);

I have verified I am getting quote objects with symbol == "EUR/USD" yet the
rule is not firing

I only say that it *appears* that I have the stream set up properly because
everything compiles and runs and in my log file I see the incoming quotes:

<org.drools.audit.event.ObjectLogEvent>
  <type>1</type>
  <factId>6</factId>
  <objectToString>com.trendfx.fxlib.FXQuote at 103ec0d</objectToString>
</org.drools.audit.event.ObjectLogEvent>
<org.drools.audit.event.ObjectLogEvent>
  <type>3</type>
  <factId>2</factId>
  <objectToString>com.trendfx.fxlib.FXQuote at 145f918</objectToString>
</org.drools.audit.event.ObjectLogEvent>
<org.drools.audit.event.ObjectLogEvent>
  <type>3</type>
  <factId>3</factId>
  <objectToString>com.trendfx.fxlib.FXQuote at 184843c</objectToString>
</org.drools.audit.event.ObjectLogEvent>
<org.drools.audit.event.ObjectLogEvent>
  <type>3</type>
  <factId>5</factId>
  <objectToString>com.trendfx.fxlib.FXQuote at 1912b66</objectToString>
</org.drools.audit.event.ObjectLogEvent>

etc..

simple rule but no output, tried debugging but since I can only add
breakpoints to RHS this doesnt really help me

Thanks,
Bobby