[rules-users] Help needed - how to get Number and intValue in Guvnor

Praveen praveen.sanju at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 05:36:18 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am new to Drools and trying to write rules using Guvnor GUI.
I have uploaded POJO's that are required for my rules.
I am facing issue trying to get Number()(the one in Bold-Italics) and
intValue in the Guvnor GUI.
Below is the rule for reference, its taken from one of the examples provided
in Drools Planner.

// Accumulate hard constraints
rule "hardConstraintsBroken"
        salience -1 // Do the other rules first (optional, for performance)
    when
        $hardTotal : */Number(/)* from accumulate(
            IntConstraintOccurrence(constraintType ==
ConstraintType.NEGATIVE_HARD, $weight : weight),
            sum($weight) // Vote for
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBRULES-1075
        )
    then
        scoreCalculator.setHardConstraintsBroken($hardTotal.intValue());