[rules-users] Rules from Multiple DRLs use the same namespace

rajee.sakthi rajee.sakthivadivelu at rph.com
Wed Oct 19 14:15:44 EDT 2011

Thanks Laune for the response.
I am sorry for not providing enough information. I didnt know if I am
explaining it enough in DROOLs context. I might still miss some information,
I am sorry for that and thanks for your time trying to help me.

This is my scenario.
My knowledgebase has bunch of rules from different name spaces and it works
fine.

but in one specific use case (which I am implementing now), I have to
dynamically add/remove rules to/from a single namespace.
for example, at onetime I get a DRL with a set of rules that compile to the
namespace com.mypkg.
and in another time I get another DRL with a different set of rules which
also compile to the namespace com.mypkg.

and there is no limit for the number of such DRLs with different sets of
rules that compile to the same namespace com.mypkg.

also at some point I have to remove such a DRL, which means I will be
removing the rules defined in the DRL from the knowledge package.

these addition/deletion scenarios never end.

So my questions are as below:

1. is there any side effect to using the same package name in mutliple DRLs,
which ultimately results in
dynamically adding/removing of part of rules from a knowledge package ?
2. Is there any reason why you would think using unique package name per DRL
is beneficial compared to the above  ?

I agree with you, I dont see a reason why I have to remove the knowledge
package after all the rules have gone. May be I dont have to do that. but
does it matter even if I remove it ?

yes the remaining knowledge base is still good for other sessions.
Thanks again Laune.