[rules-users] drools persistence contract

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Thu Oct 20 17:07:08 EDT 2011

On 20/10/2011 12:49, Mauricio Salatino wrote:
> Hi Michal,
> I'm not aware of any changes.. but we need to check with mark and kris
> for the timers stuff that now are being persisted.
> My gut feeling is that usually if you are playing with binaries it's
> very difficult to keep that compatible with old versions. Also you
> mention that you are moving from 5.1 to 5.3 right? It's at least 6
> months of changes.
I believe there is binary compatability kept for jBPM. Kris can provide
more details.

Due to the extreme complexity of rule persistence, we have not
maintained previous version compatability. Going forward from Drools 5.3
we will make sure that migration is always possible.

It is possible to migrate Drools (rules) 5.2 but you'll have to hack
your own script, look at the OutputMarshaller and InputMarshaller for
5.2, you can use those to make a migration helper class. Going forward
for 5.3 we will take care of that for you.

Mark