[rules-users] StatefulKnowledgeSession.dispose()

Swindells, Thomas TSwindells at nds.com
Fri Oct 21 06:35:43 EDT 2011

It's probably because dispose unregisters from various listeners and clears up some
housekeeping resources, timers etc. It's possible your rules are simple enough
that they don't need any of this and so not calling the listeners saves a significant
amount of time - particularly if your test case is overly trivial .

Whether it keeps working in any future versions I wouldn't want to guarantee you,
dispose may start nulling out fields etc that would break future calls to the methods.

Thomas

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster at nds.com and delete it from your system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored by NDS for employment and security purposes. To protect the environment please do not print this e-mail unless necessary.

NDS Limited. Registered Office: One London Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4EX, United Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales. Registered no. 3080780. VAT no. GB 603 8808 40-00