[rules-users] Drools Performance /Memory Leak Issue

arrehman arrehman73 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 10:37:26 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am not much of an expert on Drools. I got a DRL file (very small rule set
of less than 10 rules, that checks few conditions, also includes DB calls).
I use Drools 5.2 inside a grails application. I am using stateful session. I
call this rules 100,000 times for each for each of the 100,000 records that
I want to validate. However the performance gradually deteriorates.  What
could be going on here? General advice on how to approach solving this,
improving performance. Should I be using stateless drools session? How do I
configure the Drools MBeans so I can monitor Drools better?
PS: I can provide more details as you needed. I can paste the general gist
of the code and DRL file. Any help is greatly appreciated. I spent two days
on this with no results.

Thanks,
Abdul