[rules-users] [planner][5.3.0.Final] Benchmark

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 03:21:15 EDT 2011

Op 25-10-11 15:57, Guilherme Kunigami schreef:
> I'm trying to upgrade from drools 5.2.0 to 5.3.0 and having some
> difficulties with the planner benchmark.
>
> I'd like to make a set of move factories common to all local search
> solvers, by adding them to inheritedSolverBenchmark block. But it
> seems that the localSearch environment always requires a selector, so
> I can't specify the localSearch environment for the solverBenchmark's
>  without providing a selector. Here's a piece of code that gives
> runtime error: http://paste.ubuntu.com/718806/
 From the UpgradeFromPreviousVersionRecipe.txt:

Warning for *SolverBenchmarkConfig.xml:
   If the <inheritedSolverBenchmark> contains a <selector>, <acceptor>
or <forager>,
   that can no longer be inherited individually. Copy the <selector>,
<acceptor> or <forager> to every <solverBenchmark>.
   Because a benchmark specific <localSearch> will not overwrite the
inheriting <localSearch>,
   but instead add an extra localSearch phase, which will result in 2
separate, sequential localSearch phases.

This is annoying indeed... but as we can now define multiple phases to
be run sequentially for 1 solver, for example
<localSearch>20 minutes simulated annealing</localSearch>
<localSearch>10 minutes tabu search</localSearch>
I haven't see a good way yet on how to define inheriting that it works
properly.
If you got an idea, open an issue (issues.jboss.org JBRULES) and clearly
describe it there.

> The error is:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
> selector requires configuration, for example a moveFactoryClass.
>
> --- Note ---
>
> If I understood correcly, the following configuration from examination
> examples:
>
> examinationStepLimitSolverBenchmarkConfig.xml
>
> contains a bug, because it specifies a maximum step count for a
> general solver
>
> <termination>
> <maximumStepCount>70</maximumStepCount>
> </termination>
>
> This gave the following exception:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:
> StepCountTermination can only be used for phase termination.
Thanks for reporting this, I 'll fix it.

> Thanks,

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet