[rules-users] Fwd: Questions

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 10:09:43 EDT 2011

Anybody?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Damien Renier

All,

I’m trying to prepare some answers to questions of a customer

The client wish to execute some rules on dates which are not today.

The rule is:

1.

rule "TooYoung"

2.

    date-expires "26-MAR-2013"

3.

    date-effective "19-MAR-2010"

4.

    dialect "mvel"

5.

    when

6.

        Driver( age < "16" )

7.

    then

8.

        Rejection fact0 = new Rejection();

9.

        fact0.setReason( "TooYoung" );

10.

        insert(fact0 );

11.

        System.out.println("TooYoung");

12.

end

First test with execution date set to today in Guvnor/test-scenario

Rule is executed - OK

Second test with execution date set to tomorrow

Rule is executed – OK

Now one change the rule’s attributes and execution date

Execution date = 20-MAR-2011

date-effective = 19-MAR-2010

date-expires   = 26-MAR-2011

no execution

Execution date = 20-MAR-2012

date-effective = 19-MAR-2012

date-expires   = 26-MAR-2013

no execution

So my guess is the execution date is ignored.

I tried to use the AgendaFilter unsuccessfully.

ksession.fireAllRules(new AgendaFilter() {

                public boolean accept(Activation a) {

                                System.out.println("-- " +
a.getRule().getName());

                                return true;

                }

});

But this code do not work for the specific rule above, others with no date
attributes are going through and the sysout do its job.

My question is:

How can I tell the engine which rule to execute based on the execution date?
Maybe this behaviour is only in Guvnor.
Is it possible to set an execution date to the engine which is not today and
how to do it?

Thank you

Damien