[rules-users] Drools 5.3.0 Dependencies

Andrew Waterman awaterma at ecosur.mx
Wed Oct 26 15:50:29 EDT 2011

I am seeing this exact error when I upgrade form 5.2.0.Final to 5.3.0.Final. I had seen some other issues when upgrading from 5.2.0.M2 to 5.2.0.Final relating to the use of interfaces and implementing objects in functions.

The KnowledgeBuilder is complaining about not being able to find a reference to typed Sets:

Unable to resolve type Set<GridPlayer>:
Unable to find class 'Set<GridPlayer>'
Unable to resolve type Set<GridMove>:

And in our other game:

Unable to find class 'Set<CheckCondition>'

Class loading seems to be getting more difficult as these releases go by. Any suggestions?

best,