[rules-users] confusing behaviour of enum comparison

lhorton LHorton at ABCLegal.com
Fri Oct 28 12:27:29 EDT 2011

I reverted to the proper mvel for 5.2.0.Final (mvel2-2.1.0.drools2.jar) but
the behaviour is the same.  I am using the same test with the same objects,
and the only thing I change is the syntax of the rule.  the Status of the
object being put in working memory is PENDING, and if the rule says:

$step : Step(status == Status.ACTIVE, task.status.active == false)

the rule fires (there is a match), but if I change the rule to say:

$step : Step(status == Status.ACTIVE, task.status != Status.ACTIVE)

the rule does not fire (no match)

We are not migrating to 5.3.0.Final due to the problem discussed here:
http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/5-3-0-Final-resource-change-scanner-bug-td3449420.html