[rules-users] Guvnor data enumeration issue

GPatel at tsys.com GPatel at tsys.com
Fri Oct 28 16:57:37 EDT 2011

created jira 3270 for this.

Also created 3271 along the same lines.

From:   Michael Anstis <michael.anstis at gmail.com>
To:     Rules Users List <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>
Date:   10/28/2011 12:07 AM
Subject:        Re: [rules-users] Guvnor data enumeration issue
Sent by:        rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org

You'll need to raise a JIRA for an enhancement.

Dependent enumerations are currently only designed to operate between
enumerations.

With kind regards,

Mike

2011/10/28 <GPatel at tsys.com>
I am trying to use data enumerations and running into a problem. Following
the Vehicle engineType/fuelType data enumeration example in the Guvnor
manual, I created the following enumeration list and it works:

'Vehicle.engineType' : (new test.VehicleHelper()).getEngineTypes()
'Vehicle.fuelType[engineType]' : '(new
test.VehicleHelper()).getFuelTypes("@{engineType}")'

VehicleHelper:
------------

public class VehicleHelper {

        public List<String> getEngineTypes(){
                List<String> engineTypes = new ArrayList<String>();
                engineTypes.add("Petrol");
                engineTypes.add("Diesel");
                return engineTypes;
        }

        public List<String> getFuelTypes(String engineType){
                List<String> fuelTypes = new ArrayList<String>();
                if("Petrol".equalsIgnoreCase(engineType)){
                        fuelTypes.add("ULP");
                        fuelTypes.add("PULP");
                }
                else if("Diesel".equalsIgnoreCase(engineType)){
                        fuelTypes.add("BIO");
                        fuelTypes.add("NORMAL");
                }
                else{
                        fuelTypes.add("Default Fuel 1");
                        fuelTypes.add("Default Fuel 2");
                }
                return fuelTypes;
        }

}

Above works as expected.

Problem:

I want to only have an enumeration on Vehicle.fuelType that depends on the
value of engineType, without specifying an enumeration on engineType. So,
I took out the first line in my enumeration list so that it is now:

'Vehicle.fuelType[engineType]' : '(new
test.VehicleHelper()).getFuelTypes("@{engineType}")'

But that does not work. When I create a rule, VehicleHelper.getFuelTypes
does not get called and the dropdown for fuelType is not a list.

How do I get this working?

Thanks
G. Patel ----------------------------------------- The information
contained in this communication (including any attachments hereto) is
confidential and is intended solely for the personal and confidential use
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you
have received this communication in error and that any review,
dissemination, copying, or unauthorized use of this information, or the
taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is
please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.
Thank you