[rules-users] Guvnor repository database use to store assets

puja nandamuri med_9501 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 5 13:04:59 EDT 2011

Hi,
Sorry, I think the original question I had asked still seems to have been unanswered.
This is the question I had.
does Guvnor keep creating additional tables as per the need or is the Table structure that Guvnor creates in the beginning where all the assets are stored remains the same until we manually delete the Tables?

after creating rules and assets for several days, we had to re deploy  a freshly compiled Guvnor war file( everything remaining the same)  using the same repository xml and same database connected through jndi datasource.
In other words, just the war file has been recompiled. we also deleted the workspace and repository directories previously created by Guvnor.
The DBA had locked the userid permissions to prevent any new table creation in the Guvnor database.
During Guvnor startup, Guvnor had complained about not having permission to create Tables.
My question is :
why does Guvnor need to create any additional tables and not use the existing Table structure in the database.
 I would appreciate any thoughts on this.