[rules-users] is null or is not Null failing for a String field check in Guvnor drl

puja nandamuri med_9501 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 5 15:56:35 EDT 2011

Michael,
Thanks. Yes, I am using 5.2.0.CR1.I do not have a choice to move to 5.3 at this point.
as an alternate, I am using the following work around.
to be able to do 'is null'  or 'is not null'  for checking null condition on a field,
I select 'equal to'  as the operator and then, I click on the function button  instead  of literal value .
In the text box that comes up, I enter null
Doing this validates the condition successfully and I am able to run the test scenario successfully .similarly, I select 'not equal to' operator for checking is not null condition and then in the function text box, I enter null.