[rules-users] Decision table empty action cell

Bruno Freudensprung bruno.freudensprung at temis.com
Wed Sep 7 07:18:36 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am implementing a decision table that looks like:

*CONDITION*
	*ACTION*
*$p : Person*

*name == "$1"*
	*retract($p);*
*Person name*
	*Retract the person*
Fred
	N/A
Kenny
	N/A

The problem is generated rules have an empty RHS unless I put a string
(here N/A) on each line of the Action column, and I'd like to hide this
column in my final spreadsheet.

Does anyone know a way to instruct Drools to generate the LHS even if
the cell is empty?
If it is not possible, do you know any Excel trick to automatically fill
the Action cell with an arbitrary value (here N/A) when a new line is
inserted in my table?

Many thanks in advance for your help,
Best regards,

Bruno.