[rules-users] Questions about Drools, Eclipse, Guvnor

Bruno Freudensprung bruno.freudensprung at temis.com
Fri Sep 16 11:26:06 EDT 2011

Hi,

I've taken an look at the Roadmap in JIRA but, as I haven't found what
I'm looking for, here I am :-).

Today I read a message of Michael Anstis telling that BRL editor support
has been dropped since 5.2, and I have a question: how do you see the
future concerning rule authoring within Eclipse? Would you say that, in
a near future, there will be only one authoring environment left -
Guvnor? Or does Eclipse support has a chance to last and to be kept in
sync with Guvnor?

One last question: when working with Drools Eclipse plugin, I realized
that it is not possible to declare custom operators, accumulator
functions... so they appear in the drop down lists of the UI (or in the
DRL suggestion engine). Is it the same in Guvnor?

Thanks in advance for your insights,
Cheers,

Bruno.