[rules-users] decision table 'not exists'

hmoazed hmo at quartetfs.com
Wed Sep 21 16:23:04 EDT 2011

Thanks Mark for the quick reply, but I already know about the "not", I just
don't know what the syntax is in a decision table. Normally in a rule I
would write:

when
    not ( exists ( Object(pattern == "somePattern"))

but I don't know how to represent the above in an XLS spreadsheet decision
table. In the cell below CONDITION I can write:

exists Object

and then in the cell below put the condition:

pattern == "SomePattern"

and it works great. But I don't know how to introduce the "not" to the
above. I tried:

not ( exists Object)

and it compiled into nothing (that cell was ignored without error), and I
tried \( \), nothing, I tried:

not exists Object

and the compiled rule is missing the parenthesis.