[rules-users] Issue using global 'variable' with Drools 5.2 in DRL

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 11:04:08 EDT 2011

Please follow Thomas' advice.

That  now.time  worked in 5.1.1 was actually an "accident", as it
contradicted the specs. I'm not sure whether this behaviour is going to be
reinstated.

If you do need to do the comparison on long (milliseconds since the epoch)
values you'd have to do
    subObject.dateField.time >= (now.getTime())
which works in 5.1.1, 5.2.0 and 5.3.0.so.far. (Being able to omit the
parentheses was promised for 5.2.0; hopefully we'll have it in 5.3.0.)

-W