[rules-users] Minimax Planning

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 17:02:39 EDT 2011

No idea.
I don't think Planner (or any metaheuristic algorithm) unmodified is
suited for minimax game problems (they are not planning problems),
but I do think that some of the techniques (and lots of code) in Planner
can be reused to solve such things.
Maybe it's just a matter of writing a different class that the
DefaultSolver class...

Op 24-09-11 12:28, Chris Spencer schreef:
> How would you use Drools Planner to decide moves in a zero-sum
> complete information game like Tic-Tac-Toe, Chess, Go, etc?
>
> I understand how algorithms like Minimax are used for this, and I can
> see how I could build a solver to calculate legal moves as well as the
> fitness of each player's position after N hypothetical moves, but I'm
> not sure I see how Planner could aggregate the scores of arbitrary
> plans to find the action corresponding to the minimum/maximum score at
> each step.
>
> Regards,
> Chris

With kind regards,