[rules-users] Drools all lhs execute before all the rhs, i want to run sequentially

rouvas at mm.di.uoa.gr rouvas at mm.di.uoa.gr
Mon Sep 26 06:53:15 EDT 2011

Saurabh Pandey wrote:
> @Nguy I tried salience but it just orders the execution of "when" part,
> but
> still all when execute before the "then" parts

Hi,
it seems to me that you are using the wrong tool to solve your problem.

Drools is a rule-based execution engine (among other things) not a
glorified if-then-else-if executor.

I'd suggest you consult the Drools manual (site is off at the moment). At
the beggining there is a nice section about when you could benefit from a
Drools-like approach or not.

If you still think that Drools is best suited for your needs, you need to
rethink your approach. I would not suggest using salience as this could be
mistaked as a way to force procedural logic on a system(Drools) that is
inherently not so.

-Stathis