[rules-users] java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface org.drools.reteoo.LeftTuple, but class was expected

danielje daniel.jendroska at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 09:59:28 EDT 2011

I finally found the root cause. The reason was incompatibility between model
classes uploaded to guvnor and classes referenced by client application (The
model classes in client app implement additionally Serializable interface
required by JPAKnowledgeSession).

So the root cause was slightly different than what I found in logs.

I'm wondering if this is possible to make the error more accurate in such
situation. Is it drools or java who throws this exception?

/danielje