[rules-users] running Test scenarios in Guvnor 5.2.0.CR1 causes a memory leak

vadlam sreeram.vadlamudi at wellsfargo.com
Fri Sep 30 17:22:07 EDT 2011

Hi,

running tests scenarios in Guvnor 5.2.0.Cr1 seems to be causing memory leak
eventually.

since the StatefulKnowledgeSession or the related class seems to have
similar kind of leak in 5.2.0.Cr1, could it be that the same issue is
causing the leak within Guvnor as well ?

we tried to upgrade to 5.2.1.final version of Guvnor, but when we tried to
load the assets in the new Guvnor that were previously created in 5.2.0.CR1
and persisted to a database, we are getting the following errors.

ERROR 29-09 08:25:45,234 (LoggingHelper.java:error:69)   Service method
'public abstract org.drools.guvnor.client.rpc.RuleAsse
t org.drools.guvnor.client.rpc.AssetService.loadRuleAsset(java.lang.String)
throws com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.Serializatio
nException' threw an unexpected exception:
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassException: dtable : dtable
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassException: dtable : dtable
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.DefaultMapper.realClass(DefaultMapper.java:68)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:38)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.DynamicProxyMapper.realClass(DynamicProxyMapper.java:71)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:38)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.PackageAliasingMapper.realClass(PackageAliasingMapper.java:88)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:38)

Isee that some of the decision table classes have changed as per the
following lines of code ?

//Post 5.2 model
        xt.alias( "decision-table52",
                  GuidedDecisionTable52.class );