[rules-users] Possible "memory leak" in 5.3 with update?

thenim thenim at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 21:24:39 EDT 2012

@Mark,

Your code example is exactly what I was doing - however there does appear to
be some reference held somewhere, which is causing frequent full GCs - which
eventually causes the thing to grind to a halt. The moment I change this to
the following:

MyObject o = new MyObject(1);
fh = wm.insert(o);

o.update(2); // update the same object rather than create a new one, note,
equals and hash will return different values now.

wm.update(fh, o);

This problem goes away. I will see if over the next few days if I can put a
simple example together to demonstrate the issue.