[rules-users] Using Decision Tables as Lookup Tables

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 11:18:34 EDT 2012

Hmmm... the only way I can see this is possible (i.e. with the use of
accumulate) is to use transient facts:-

*This can be set-up with a decision table quite easily (and ValuedRegion
can be a declarative type that extends Region adding the "value" field)
*
rule "setup ValuedRegions - using a decision table"
    when
        $Region( $score : score )
    then
        insertLogical( new ValuedRegion( $score, [a value] ) );
end

*Your rule
*
rule "Calculate Value"
   when
       $c : Company()
       $r : Region()
       $val : Double() from accumulate (ValuedRegion($score : score, $value
: value ) , sum($score * $value))
   then
       // Do Something
end