[rules-users] Employee Shift Rostering: algorithm details

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 03:56:09 EDT 2012

Op 10-04-12 03:28, Patrik Dufresne schreef:
> I may not be an expert, but I may give you some tips.
Thank you Patrick for the kind words and the insight of someone with in
the trenches experience :)

> Read below....
>

> Patrik Dufresne
>

> If you look closer to the Nurse-Rostering example, you will notice the
> most important moves are EmployeeChangeMove and ShiftAssignmentSwapMove.
Side note: since 5.4.0.Beta2, there's no need to implement them yourself
any more (but you still can of course),
just use the GenericChangeMove and the GenericSwapMove: much less coding :)

> I would definitely recommend drools-planner to your own implementation
> of the Tabu search just to benefit from the drools engine it self
> which provide you a very fast way to calculate the solution's score.
> The score is calculated using an accumulate and then doesn't required
> to calculate the score from scratch. I benchmark drools vs a plain
> java score function and drools is way way faster.
Do you have any numbers you 'd be willing to share publicly on that?

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Twitter: http://twitter.com/geoffreydesmet